- Membrane and recessed plates are made of polyamide or polypropylene. The filter media is placed between the plates. Cake will be formed between two plates (chamber). After the formation of cake, feed valve will be closed and the cake will be discharged by opening of plates. Turbinedar Co. manufactures this equipment regarding to DIN standard. Turbinedar’s filter presses can be fully automated and all the process is controlled by automation system. Plate filter presses are divided into 2 groups:
- Recessed (chamber); with constant volume,
- Membrane; with variable volume,
1) Recessed filter press
- The recessed plates are completely rigid. The cake that is formed between the plates has been dried up to 60 %. The dryness of cake depends on the slurry characteristic and feed pressure.
2) Membrane filter press
- The plates have a diaphragm characteristic. After the filtration and cake formation operations, diaphragms will be expanded by blowing the air behind the diaphragms. This results in the secondary dewatering of cake. This secondary leaching will dry the cake of up to 90 % with the shorter cycle. With this dryness, cake won’t be stuck to the media and will be easily discharged when the plates open.
The advantages of membrane filter press are:
- Compliance with environmental standards
Applications of plate filter press:
- Water and wastewater industries
- Oil, gas and petrochemical industries
Download English Questionnaire
Download Farsi Questionnaire